- 2 cups water
- 1 peeled and sliced lemon
- 1 peeled and sliced orange
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup crystallized ginger, cut into matchstick-sized pieces
- 3 dashes Tabasco sauce (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Place first five ingredients in a sauce pan and simmer for 20 minutes or so.
- Remove lemon and orange pieces.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and bring mixture to a boil.
- Strain, cool and bottle.
- Keep in refrigerator up to two weeks.
- Save ginger slices if you like and add to bottle.
- Add a small amount to a teacup and fill with hot water.