Recipe by Bj?rnH Holmberg
In direct taste tests, this beer has more body than WheatHook, and is slightly sweeter. Compared to EKU, the beer is similar, but EKU Wiezen is slightly sweeter. Original Gravity: 1.057 Final Gravity: 10.12
- 3 lbs dried wheat extract
- 2 lbs wheat malt
- 1 lb barley malt
- 1 lb dried malt extract
- 2 1⁄2 ounces mt. hood hops
- wyeast wheat beer yeast
Directions See How It's Made
- Make a yeast starter two days beforehand.
- Mash the three pounds of malt a la Miller.
- Boil for one hour, adding 1-1/2 ounces hops at the start, 1/2 ounce at 30 minutes, and 1/2 ounce at 5 minutes.
- Cool and pitch yeast.
- I primed half the batch (5 gal) with 1/3 cup corn sugar and the other half with 1/2 cup clover honey.
- After two weeks, the beer was great.
- The beer primed with honey, however, was way too carbonated.
- All you can taste is bubbles.