Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
A silky, sumptuous soup from the Southwest chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947
- 2 (10 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 2 2⁄3 cups evaporated milk
- 1 avocado, peeled and cut into small dice
- 1⁄2 cup ripe olives, chopped
- 1 chayote (mirliton, vegetable pear)
- 4 slices bacon, diced
- salt and pepper
- Cut chayote into small cubes and saute with bacon.
- Heat the liquids.
- Add avocado and olives.
- Add chayote and bacon to the soup; adjust seasonings.