1 hr 30 mins
Recipe found by request. Haven't tried it yet. Unsure of prep and cook times. Use you own judgement.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro (coriander)
- 3 quarts beef broth
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (7 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons crumbled dried basil leaves
- 1 1/2 teaspoons crumbled oregano leaves
- 1/2-1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 cup long-grain white rice
- 1In a 6- to 8-quart pan, combine broth, tomatoes and their liquid, chiles, onion, basil, oregano, and hot pepper Seasoning to taste.
- 2Bring to a boil over high heat.
- 3Add rice; cover and simmer 15 minutes.
- 4Add meatballs; Cover and simmer until meatballs are not pink in the Center (cut to test), 10 to 15 minutes longer.
- 5Stir in the minced cilantro.
- 6Ladle into bowls and garnish with cilantro sprigs.
- 7Add Salt and pepper to taste.
- 8Shape the mixture into about 3/4-inch balls.
- 9If making ahead, return the meatballs to bowl, cover,& chill up to 4 hours.
Browse Our Top White Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Albondigas Soup
Serving Size: 1 (249 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 137.2
- Calories from Fat 57
- Total Fat 6.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 30.5 mg
- Sodium 662.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 9.0 g