Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Recipe found by request. Haven't tried it yet. Unsure of prep and cook times. Use you own judgement.
- 1⁄2 cup minced fresh cilantro (coriander)
- 3 quarts beef broth
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (7 ounce) candiced green chilies
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons crumbled dried basil leaves
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons crumbled oregano leaves
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1⁄2 cup long-grain white rice
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄3 lb pork sausage
- 1⁄2 cup cornmeal
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- cilantro, sprigs (optional)
- In a 6- to 8-quart pan, combine broth, tomatoes and their liquid, chiles, onion, basil, oregano, and hot pepper Seasoning to taste.
- Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Add rice; cover and simmer 15 minutes.
- Add meatballs; Cover and simmer until meatballs are not pink in the Center (cut to test), 10 to 15 minutes longer.
- Stir in the minced cilantro.
- Ladle into bowls and garnish with cilantro sprigs.
- Add Salt and pepper to taste.
- Shape the mixture into about 3/4-inch balls.
- If making ahead, return the meatballs to bowl, cover,& chill up to 4 hours.