Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I got this from a local Mexican food restaurant. Amounts were approx.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 egg
- salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- rice, uncooked
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 2 -3 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 -3 carrots, chopped
- In large bowl, mix ground beef, salt, pepper, tomato sauce, onion, garlic, uncooked rice, and egg.
- Shape into 1" balls. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, bring water, chicken broth, tomato sauce, celery and carrots to a full rolling boil.
- Drop meatballs carefully into soup. Cook until center of meatballs are no longer pink and vegetables are tender.