Recipe by Happy Hippie
This is another favorite from my little book "Low Fat Mexican Recipes" I hope you enjoy it as much as my family does.
- 2 quarts low-fat chicken broth
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 celery ribs, sliced
- 3 carrots, sliced
- 1 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup mild salsa
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 3 tablespoons instant rice, uncooked
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely minced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano, preferably mexican
Directions See How It's Made
- For the soup, combine the first six ingredients in a soup pot and simmer for 10 minutes.
- For the Meatballs: Mix remaining ingredients together and form into small balls.
- Bring soup to a boil and carefully place meatballs into soup.
- Cover and reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes.