Recipe by LatinaAtHeart
These Spanish style meatballs with tomato sauce are fabulous....can't remember where I got this recipe.
Top Review by hedgiehog
Great recipe, thanks for posting! I used ground pork because that's what I had defrosted and instead of fresh tomatoes I used one tin of diced tomatoes with liquid. Alternatively, I could have used one tin of Spanish style tomato sauce and substituted the cilantro for the rosemary.
I served it over white rice with some steamed vegetables on the side. My family loved it!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb ground beef
- 8 scallions, thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 4 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- salt and pepper (plenty or to taste)
- 3 tomatoes, chopped
- 4 tablespoons white wine (or red)
- 4 teaspoons fresh rosemary, chopped
- 2 pinches sugar