Prep 45 mins
Cook 30 mins
A super delicious and extra-praised cake, easy to make.
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 220 g sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 30 g butter, softened
- 1 egg, whole
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 400 g flour (maybe slightly less)
- 3 tablespoons icing sugar
- 250 ml apricot jam
- 300 ml milk
- 3 tablespoons cream of wheat
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 100 g butter
- 120 g powdered sugar (icing sugar)
- 100 g walnuts, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon cocoa, unsweetened
- THE DOUGH.
- Melt the honey on bain-marie.
- Add the sugar and the milk and stir until all melted and well blended.
- Add the butter and mix well.
- Take out of the bain-marie and add the egg, baking soda and mix well.
- Add the flour bit by bit kneading well. Add the flour until still kneadable but slighlty hard. It should not come apart. If it does (too much flour), add a bit of milk to fix.
- Separate the dough into 4 equal parts and let it rest for 15 minutes.
- Roll each part of the dough in a slim layer (approx 5mm thick) on the bottom of a cookie sheet and bake at 180°C until golden.
- Set aside to cool.
- THE FILLING.
- Make a hot cereal cream out of the wheat cream, milk and 1 tbsp sugar. Cool.
- Mix butter and powdered sugar until smooth.
- Add the walnuts and cocoa.
- Add all to the cooled wheat cream mix.
- Separate in two equal parts.
- THE LAYERING.
- Lay one layer of baked dough and cover evenly with one part filling prepared as above.
- Lay the second layer of dough and cover evenly with 250ml apricot jam.
- Lay the third layer of dough and cover with the second part of the filling.
- Lay the forth layer of dough and sprinkle with 3 tsp icing sugar.
- Set aside in cool place (or refrigerate) until dough layers soften.
- Serve in the same day (kept for too long gets the dough too soft and may slid).