Recipe by Jane from Ohio
When my cousin passed away, her daughter posted this recipe on the back of her photo. It is delicious. The first one I made I couldn't stop eating it and ate the whole recipe. I kept going back for more. I had to make another one. This is a very refreshing salad and delicious salad
- 1 bunch broccoli, flowerts only
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red onion
- 1⁄4 cup Anjou pear, golden rains
- 3 -4 slices bacon, cooked crisp
- 4 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1⁄4 cup of hellman's mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- A day ahead of serving, cut the broccoli flowerts very small, no stems and place it in a mixing bowl.
- Chop red onion and add to broccoli.
- Sprinkle golden raisins over mixture.
- Crumble cooked bacon into small bits and add.
- Sprinkle cheddar cheese over all.
- in a separate bowl mix mayonnaise, vinegar, and sugar, mix throughly.
- toss salad mixture with it.
- let it sit in the refrigerator overnight.
- When ready to serve add sunflower seeds toss again to make sure all the vegetables are coated with the sauce.