Recipe by Shirl (J) 831
What sets this burger apart from others, is that it has sour cream in the beef mixture; giving it tons of flavor and moisture. This recipe is from the travel Alberta magazine.
Top Review by cookingbee
I tried this recipe last night and did not like it one bit. It was bland, soggy and the burgers would not stay together. Probably the worst burger I've tried. Will not make again.
- 1 lb medium ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1⁄4 cup light sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup fresh mushrooms, minced
- 1 medium onion, fine chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- In large bowl, combine beef, oats, sour cream, mushrooms, onion,garlic,parsley, mustard, thyme, oregano, salt and pepper. Mix lightly but well enough to blend.
- Shape into 4-6 patties 1-2" thick.
- Lightly oil grill.Barbeque, broil or panfry using medium heat for 5-7 minutes per side (turn once) till instant read thermometer inserted in center reads 160F or 70°C.