1/3 Photos of Alberta Beef, Mushroom and Pepper Pasta
1 hr 15 mins
Another wonderful recipe, adapted from The Flavors of Canada by Anita Stewart
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 slices bacon (Chopped)
- 2 large onions (Chopped)
- 2 tablespoons paprika (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon caraway seed (to taste)
- 2 lbs round steaks (Cubed 1-inch pieces)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper (each or to taste)
- 1 cup beef stock
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb portabella mushroom (Sliced)
- 1 medium red bell pepper (Chopped)
- 1 medium green bell pepper (Chopped)
- 12 ounces pasta (We like fettucine with this)
- 1Saute bacon until crisp.
- 2Remove and set aside.
- 3Add onions and saute for 5 minutes.
- 4Add paprika and caraway, saute for 1 minute.
- 5Add beef and toss well, cook 3-5 minutes until beef is browned.
- 6Season with salt and pepper.
- 7Add stock and wine. Bring to a boil and simmer covered for 30 minutes. Remove cover and simmer 30 longer.
- 8Bring 2 quarts of water to a rolling boil, and cook pasta according to package directions, drain , and set aside keeping warm.
- 9Whisk sour cream and flour together, add to meat mixture, and set aside keeping warm.
- 10Saute mushrooms in oil for 3 minutes.
- 11Add peppers and saute for another 5 minutes.
- 12Season with salt and pepper.
- 13Top pasta first with beef mixture, then mushroom/ pepper mixture and sprinkle with bacon.
Browse Our Top Mushroom Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Mushroom Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Alberta Beef, Mushroom and Pepper Pasta
Serving Size: 1 (733 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1062.7
- Calories from Fat 392
- Total Fat 43.6 g
- Saturated Fat 15.8 g
- Cholesterol 169.9 mg
- Sodium 550.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 88.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.1 g
- Sugars 9.3 g
- Protein 73.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
salt and pepper