1/1 Photo of Albers Tamale Pie Casserole
1 hr 5 mins
This casserole was found on the net in response to a post. It was from Lois Morgan of Rocklin. I have not made it yet, but it sounds delicious.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/4 cups albers yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups Carnation Evaporated Milk
- 1 cup water
- 1For crust, combine the cornmeal, salt, evaporated milk and water in a small saucepan.
- 2Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently for 5 to 7 minutes or until thickened.
- 3Remove 1/2 cup, cover with plastic wrap.
- 4Spread the remaining cornmeal mixture on bottom and sides of greased 8-inch square baking dish.
- 5Cool for 2 to 3 minutes if necessary.
- 6Bake in preheated 425-degree oven for 10 minutes.
- 7Remove from heat.
- 8For filling, brown beef, garlic, onion and bell pepper in large skillet; drain.
- 9Add corn, olives, tomato sauce, chili powder, salt and pepper.
- 10Mix well.
- 11Spoon into cornmeal crust.
- 12Drop rounded teaspoons of remaining cornmeal mixture on top of meat, sprinkle with cheese.
- 13Return to oven and bake for 15 minutes.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Albers Tamale Pie Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (340 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 651.4
- Calories from Fat 280
- Total Fat 31.1 g
- Saturated Fat 13.5 g
- Cholesterol 114.3 mg
- Sodium 1782.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.5 g
- Sugars 7.0 g
- Protein 35.8 g