Recipe by Kiki Lemonade
I found this on the back of an Albers Cornmeal box. Sweet and fluffiness makes this a great combo for any meal. Works with cornbread as well. Copyright word-for-word by Albers. I'm not sure if it works with other cornmeal, but I'd reccomend Albers.
Top Review by Judy N.
I cut this recipe off the Albers corn meal box years and years ago. This has been my one and only recipe for almost 40 years. My sons friends always wanted me to make them when they came out to the farm. I get more compliments on these then on any other baking.
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup albers yellow cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F Grease or paper-line 18 to 20 muffin cups, or a pan for cornbread.
- Combine flour, sugar, corn meal, baking powder, and salt in medium bowl.
- Combine milk, eggs, vegetable oil, and butter in small bowl; mix well.
- Add liquid mixture to flour mixture; stir until just blended.
- Pour into prepared muffin cups filling 2/3 full.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire racks for 5 minutes, remove to wire racks to cool slightly. Serve warm and enjoy!
- If you are making cornbread, pour into greased 8-inch square baking pan, and bake for 35 minutes.
- For High Altitude bakers, change corn MUFFIN time to 20-24 minutes. Cornbread time remains unchanged.