I found this on the back of an Albers Cornmeal box. Sweet and fluffiness makes this a great combo for any meal. Works with cornbread as well. Copyright word-for-word by Albers. I'm not sure if it works with other cornmeal, but I'd reccomend Albers.
- Preheat oven to 350°F Grease or paper-line 18 to 20 muffin cups, or a pan for cornbread.
- Combine flour, sugar, corn meal, baking powder, and salt in medium bowl.
- Combine milk, eggs, vegetable oil, and butter in small bowl; mix well.
- Add liquid mixture to flour mixture; stir until just blended.
- Pour into prepared muffin cups filling 2/3 full.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire racks for 5 minutes, remove to wire racks to cool slightly. Serve warm and enjoy!
- If you are making cornbread, pour into greased 8-inch square baking pan, and bake for 35 minutes.
- For High Altitude bakers, change corn MUFFIN time to 20-24 minutes. Cornbread time remains unchanged.