Prep 20 mins
Cook 18 mins
I found this on the back of an Albers Cornmeal box. Sweet and fluffiness makes this a great combo for any meal. Works with cornbread as well. Copyright word-for-word by Albers. I'm not sure if it works with other cornmeal, but I'd reccomend Albers.
- Preheat oven to 350°F Grease or paper-line 18 to 20 muffin cups, or a pan for cornbread.
- Combine flour, sugar, corn meal, baking powder, and salt in medium bowl.
- Combine milk, eggs, vegetable oil, and butter in small bowl; mix well.
- Add liquid mixture to flour mixture; stir until just blended.
- Pour into prepared muffin cups filling 2/3 full.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire racks for 5 minutes, remove to wire racks to cool slightly. Serve warm and enjoy!
- If you are making cornbread, pour into greased 8-inch square baking pan, and bake for 35 minutes.
- For High Altitude bakers, change corn MUFFIN time to 20-24 minutes. Cornbread time remains unchanged.
I cut this recipe off the Albers corn meal box years and years ago. This has been my one and only recipe for almost 40 years. My sons friends always wanted me to make them when they came out to the farm. I get more compliments on these then on any other baking.
These are wonderfully tender and sweet! I will never buy Jiffy Mix again because these are so much better. I served them with beans and we will have the leftovers for breakfast.
This is my favorite corn bread recipe! I'm so glad to find it here already. I actually had to dig my cornmeal box out of the recycling after moving years ago and cut this recipe off the side because no stores around me carried Albers and other brands didn't have this sweeter recipe on them. I always put a touch of oil or shortening in my 10 inch cast iron skillet and heat it smoking hot while I mix this up so that it sizzles and crisps the outside of the bread when I pour it in, then I put it in the oven. Great recipe for sweet cornbread.