1/1 Photo of Albanian Tossed Salad
Albanian tossed salad is a Greek influenced dish that became very popular throughout Albania. The main ingredients of Albanian tossed salad are romaine lettuce, red leaf lettuce, feta cheese, black olives, tomatoes, onions and mushrooms. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 head romaine lettuce, rinsed, dried and chopped (can substitute with red leaf lettuce or use mix of both)
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced (( like to chop small)
- 1 (6 ounce) can pitted black olives, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup sliced cremini mushroom, sliced (optional)
- 1 cucumber, chopped
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted (or or and sesame seeds, toasted)
- 1Toast almonds or sesame seeds in a dry skillet for 3 minutes or so, stirring and watching carefully so as not to burn. Set aside.
- 2Add lettuce, red onion, black olives, green bell pepper, tomatoes, cucumber, mushrooms(if using) and Feta cheese to large serving bowl.
- 3In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, dried oregano, paprika, fresh lemon juice, and ground black pepper.
- 4Pour vinaigrette over vegetables and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Greek Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Albanian Tossed Salad
Serving Size: 1 (1986 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 435.3
- Calories from Fat 328
- Total Fat 36.5 g
- Saturated Fat 9.3 g
- Cholesterol 33.3 mg
- Sodium 752.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.2 g
- Sugars 9.6 g
- Protein 10.7 g