1/1 Photo of Albanian Cornbread - Pite
Courtesy of globaltableadventures.com, as adapted from "Home Cooking Around the World" by David Ricketts and Mark Thomas. This bread is a great accompaniment to stews. It is excellent warm, but can dry out, so try to use up promptly or store well-wrapped.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400 deg. Grease an 8" square baking dish.
- 2In a large bowl combine all the ingredients except the scallions for garnish.
- 3Pour into the baking dish and spread out evenly.
- 4Bake until lightly browned and an inserted toothpick comes out clean, about 35 minutes.
- 5Garnish with the remaining scallion and serve warm.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Albanian Cornbread - Pite
Serving Size: 1 (151 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 432.6
- Calories from Fat 246
- Total Fat 27.4 g
- Saturated Fat 15.3 g
- Cholesterol 196.3 mg
- Sodium 813.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 19.0 g