Courtesy of globaltableadventures.com, as adapted from "Home Cooking Around the World" by David Ricketts and Mark Thomas. This bread is a great accompaniment to stews. It is excellent warm, but can dry out, so try to use up promptly or store well-wrapped.
- Preheat oven to 400 deg. Grease an 8" square baking dish.
- In a large bowl combine all the ingredients except the scallions for garnish.
- Pour into the baking dish and spread out evenly.
- Bake until lightly browned and an inserted toothpick comes out clean, about 35 minutes.
- Garnish with the remaining scallion and serve warm.