Recipe by duonyte
Courtesy of globaltableadventures.com, as adapted from "Home Cooking Around the World" by David Ricketts and Mark Thomas. This bread is a great accompaniment to stews. It is excellent warm, but can dry out, so try to use up promptly or store well-wrapped.
- 1 1⁄2 cups cornmeal
- 16 ounces cottage cheese (I would use small-curd)
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup chopped scallion
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled (about 1 cup)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon chopped scallion (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 deg. Grease an 8" square baking dish.
- In a large bowl combine all the ingredients except the scallions for garnish.
- Pour into the baking dish and spread out evenly.
- Bake until lightly browned and an inserted toothpick comes out clean, about 35 minutes.
- Garnish with the remaining scallion and serve warm.