Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
Courtesy of globaltableadventures.com, as adapted from "Home Cooking Around the World" by David Ricketts and Mark Thomas. This bread is a great accompaniment to stews. It is excellent warm, but can dry out, so try to use up promptly or store well-wrapped.
- Preheat oven to 400 deg. Grease an 8" square baking dish.
- In a large bowl combine all the ingredients except the scallions for garnish.
- Pour into the baking dish and spread out evenly.
- Bake until lightly browned and an inserted toothpick comes out clean, about 35 minutes.
- Garnish with the remaining scallion and serve warm.
I loved this bread. It is nothing like southern cornbread that we are used to in the US. I just loved the flavors of the spices.
This was fantastic! While the stew was only eaten half, the bread had completely gone after dinner LOL So, no danger of drying out. I will definitely make this again. Thanks for sharing!
Made for Ramadan Tag 2012 / N*A*M*E Forum