Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
The directions to this are vague, but maybe you can use it.
Make and share this Albanian Byrek recipe from Food.com.
- Prepare the dough with flour, 1 and a half cups of cold water, 1 spoon of oil, 1 spoon of vinegar and half a teaspoon of salt, so that the dough may obtain average solidity.
- Press and mix the dough well, then divide in two equally sized pieces. Then divide the pieces into 10-12 ball shaped pieces.
- Spread the balls in well-shaped circles of the size of a plate. Place the circle-shaped dough on top of one another so as to obtain two large pies.
- Cover each pie with melted butter and leave for about half an hour to 1 hour.
- During this time wash a bowl of spinach, dock or sorrel, cut thin, add salt and leave in salt for about 15-20 minutes, then squash.
- Mix the spinach, dock or sorrel with half to 1 cup yogurt and 2-3 eggs.
- You can replace the yogurt with crumbled feta cheese. Cover the baking pan with melted butter.
- Spread one of the dough pies to cover the entire pan and gently pull up the ends, then sprinkle melted butter on it and spread the spinach on it uniformly.
- Spread the second dough pie on top of the spinach.
- Cut the byrek in square slices, sprinkle with melted butter and place in a hot oven until cooked.
- Byrek is served hot accompanied with yogurt.
This is really great. The following link gives a few extra details