Prep 13 mins
Cook 20 mins
Yeah, these are a tad different. Remember you don't have to eat them just as steak/burger/patty thingie, You can slap 'em onion buns (Or whatever buns/bread you like) and play around with your fav. condiments if you want. I know someone who actually makes a gravy (of sorts) out of veggie broth. onions, cornstarch and some other odds and ends I'm not sure of and makes his own style of an open face sandwich with mashed taters and wilted lettuce along with this burger and puts his crazy gravy thing on it., I also think he omits most if not all of the mint. I myself am not a mint fan, and usually only use just about 1/3 of what's called for, and I don't use the mint garnish. Support Our Cattle Farmers!!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup onion, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 slices bread, soaked and squeezed
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3 tablespoons minced mint leaves
- Combine beef, garlic, egg, bread, onion, salt, pepper and mint.
- Shape into 4 oblong patties and fry 8 to 10 minutes on each side in lightly greased skillet.
- Serve on hot plates and garnish with additional mint leaves, if desired. (Very Optional).