Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a family recipe that originally came from my Aunt Gloria, a wonderful hostess and great cook. This spread is a little different from ordinary tuna spread and is great served with crackers or used as a filling for tea sandwiches.
- 6 ounces albacore tuna, drained and flaked
- 3 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon capers, chopped
- 1 teaspoon horseradish
- 1⁄2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion salt
- Combine cream cheese and mayonnaise in a small bowl.
- Stir in tuna and combine well.
- Add remaining ingredients. Cover and chill until ready to serve.
This is very tasty. I used 4 oz Neufchatel cheese as I had it to use and left amounts of everything else the same. I used garlic and onion powders not salts and thought with the celery salt, soy sauce, and capers, the saltiness was just right (might have been too much for me if done per the recipe). I used this for a sandwich filling with some lettuce. Thanks for sharing!