1/2 Photos of Albacore Tuna and Bow Tie Pasta Salad
Yet another Trader Joe's copycat recipe for one of their excellent pre-packaged salads. Perfectly acceptable to use canned tuna, but for a real treat try some fresh albacore! Please note that all of my ingredient amounts are estimated.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 473.18 ml bow tie pasta
- 226.79 g fresh albacore tuna, drained (or 2 cans tuna, drained)
- 1 red bell pepper, minced
- 1 red onion, cut into crescents
- 9.85 ml capers
- 29.58 ml fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1Cook pasta according to package directions. Rinse under cold water to halt cooking. Drain.
- 2Broil or pan fry fresh tuna. Set aside. (If using canned tuna, drain and place the tuna in a serving bowl and proceed with recipe.).
- 3Combine dressing ingredients in non-reactive bowl and blend well.
- 4Break up the fresh tuna into bite size pieces and place in serving bowl with the pasta. Toss dressing gently with the pasta, tuna and remaining salad ingredients.
- 5Keep covered and chilled until ready to serve.
Browse Our Top Tuna Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Tuna Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Albacore Tuna and Bow Tie Pasta Salad
Serving Size: 1 (115 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 294.6
- Calories from Fat 146
- Total Fat 16.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 39.7 mg
- Sodium 423.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 16.9 g