Recipe by southern chef in louisiana
This chowder is a thick, rich soup with chunks of tuna and vegetables. Prepackaged tuna makes it super easy.
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄2 cup sliced celery
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 3⁄4 cup chopped carrot
- 2 -3 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme or 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 (17 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 2 cups milk
- 1 (7 ounce) starkist flavor fresh pouch albacore tuna
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon chicken flavor instant bouillon
Directions See How It's Made
- In medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat; sauté celery, onion and carrot about 3 minutes. Add flour and thyme; blend well. Cook 3 more minutes.
- Add corn, milk, tuna, water and bouillon, stirring to blend. Cover and simmer (do not boil) 5 minutes to heat through, stirring occasionally.