Prep 30 mins
Cook 336 hrs
For a very large group. From an old local church cookbook. I haven't tried this yet, but I'm sure I will some day.
- whale meat, cut into bite-size pieces (from 1 medium-sized whale)
- 5 tons alaskan potatoes
- 17 gross ostrich eggs
- 6 (55 gallon) drums chili peppers
- 1 ton salt (add to taste)
- 2 truckloads carrots
- 1 snowshoe rabbit
- Mix ingredients (except eggs) in an Olympic size pool filled with non-chlorinated water.
- Heat to boiling.
- Simmer 2 to 3 weeks, or until tender.
- If it appears that the stew may not serve the entire group, add snowshoe rabbit. This requires caution, however, as some people dislike hare in their food.