1/2 Photos of Alaskan Sourdough Cornbread
1 hr 25 mins
After our recent trip to Alaska, I have a renewed interest in sourdough baking. I found this recipe at Alaska Travel Magazine.Com. DH loves cornbread and this is a great recipe. It is a little different than traditional cornbread with a mild sour flavor. I updated the cooking time after 16Paws review and my preparing the recipe again and watching the time closely. Be cautious when adding the milk due to differences in starter with regards to "wetness".
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Spray a well seasoned, 9 or 10 inch iron skillet with non-stick cooking spray, add a small amount of oil and place in oven while it preheats.
- 2Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- 3Combine the cornmeal, sugar and salt in medium bowl.
- 4Scald milk and pour over cornmeal mixture.
- 5When mixture is room temperature, add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- 6Pour mixture into prepared pan and bake for 20 to 30 minutes or until golden brown.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Alaskan Sourdough Cornbread
Serving Size: 1 (81 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 207.6
- Calories from Fat 106
- Total Fat 11.8 g
- Saturated Fat 6.6 g
- Cholesterol 80.0 mg
- Sodium 774.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 4.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: