1/1 Photo of Alaskan Sourdough Blueberry Gingerbread
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 118.29 ml dark brown sugar, firmly packed
- 118.29 ml butter
- 118.29 ml molasses
- 1 large egg
- 354.88 ml unbleached flour
- 2.46 ml salt
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 9.85 ml ground ginger or 59.14 ml chopped candied ginger
- 9.85 ml cinnamon
- 118.29 ml hot water
- 236.59 ml sourdough starter
- 473.18 ml fresh cleaned blueberries
- vanilla ice cream or whipped cream, for garnish
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly butter and flour a 8"x8" baking pan.
- 2Cream together the brown sugar and butter.
- 3Then add molasses and egg, beating continuously; set aside.
- 4In a separate bowl, sift dry ingredients together and blend into hot water.
- 5Then beat this mixture into creamed mixture.
- 6Gradually add the sourdough starter slowly, mixing carefully to maintain a bubbly batter.
- 7Gently fold in the blueberries.
- 8Pour into prepared baking pan and bake at 375 degrees F for about 30 minutes or until done (when toothpick inserted in center comes out clean).
- 9Serve warm with good quality vanilla ice cream or freshly whipped cream.
- 10Makes 6 to 8 servings.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Alaskan Sourdough Blueberry Gingerbread
Serving Size: 1 (132 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 444.6
- Calories from Fat 150
- Total Fat 16.6 g
- Saturated Fat 10.0 g
- Cholesterol 71.6 mg
- Sodium 567.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 71.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 38.4 g
- Protein 4.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: