Recipe by luvinlif2k
This recipe is quick, easy and elegant. It has become a favorite at our house, especially when having guests. It is adapted from Fast and Flashy Hors d'oevres.
Top Review by anonymous23
My husband really liked this sauce over penne. I liked the sauce but found our smoked salmon--a gift from a friend--too salty for my tastes; I omitted the pinch of salt in the recipe. I should've chopped the salmon up into tiny little bits. (People who find whole plates of alfredo boring by the end of the meal will probably feel similarly about this sauce.) I didn't prepare the sauce ahead of time, but I did prepare it over medium-low heat and used black instead of white pepper and probably half the lemon juice. I'll be trying this sauce again with poached salmon. Thanks for posting!
- 8 ounces alaskan smoked salmon
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, minced
- 1⁄4 cup scallion, minced
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 dash white pepper
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients.
- Taste and adjust seasonings.
- Best if made in advance and set in the refrigerator for an hour prior to serving to let the flavors meld.
- Serve warm or cold.
- TIP: Can be made up to 2 days in advance and refrigerated.
- TIP: Serve with bagel chips, pumpernickle squares or cucumber rounds.
- TIP: Can be used as a dressing for pasta or rice salads or as a filling for crepes or omelets.