Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe is quick, easy and elegant. It has become a favorite at our house, especially when having guests. It is adapted from Fast and Flashy Hors d'oevres.
- Combine all ingredients.
- Taste and adjust seasonings.
- Best if made in advance and set in the refrigerator for an hour prior to serving to let the flavors meld.
- Serve warm or cold.
- TIP: Can be made up to 2 days in advance and refrigerated.
- TIP: Serve with bagel chips, pumpernickle squares or cucumber rounds.
- TIP: Can be used as a dressing for pasta or rice salads or as a filling for crepes or omelets.
My husband really liked this sauce over penne. I liked the sauce but found our smoked salmon--a gift from a friend--too salty for my tastes; I omitted the pinch of salt in the recipe. I should've chopped the salmon up into tiny little bits. (People who find whole plates of alfredo boring by the end of the meal will probably feel similarly about this sauce.) I didn't prepare the sauce ahead of time, but I did prepare it over medium-low heat and used black instead of white pepper and probably half the lemon juice. I'll be trying this sauce again with poached salmon. Thanks for posting!
Magic! Brings back childhood memories.I did cut back on the lemon juice. Thanks.
This was so good... I found myself licking the spoon while it was cooking! I would suggest going a little lighter on the lemon juice, it was pretty powerful... otherwise, we've got a GREAT recipe here!!