Recipe by melandmatt
My brother gave me this recipe and I made it for my family and they went nuts! It was out of this world delicious! You can use any seafood you want but it is a must to have smoked salmon. MY daughter who is 14 LOVED it.
Top Review by seminolecom32
Many thanks to my sister Melisa who submited this recipe for me. This chowder recipe came to me by way of a lovely woman in Anchorage, Alaska who's family had lived there for generations. This recipe was a favorite in their family. I was fortunate enough to include Alaskan King Crab fresh from Dutch Harbor in the version I made. I've never had a better seafood chowder.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1 cup diced potato
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 8 1⁄4 ounces cream-style corn (secret ingridient)
- 1⁄2 pint half-and-half
- 1 (8 ounce) package smoked salmon
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onions, celery, green pepper and garlic till tender.
- Combine broth, shredded carrots, potato and cream corn.
- Bring to a low boil and simmer until potatoes are tender.
- Add smoked salmon and additional seafood if you wish.
- Pour in half and half, simmer for about 8 to 10 min and serve.