Recipe by amicab99
I got this recipe while living in Alaska from a real life Mountain man I met at a bar one night after the entire bar was boosting that his Salmon dip was the best they ever tasted. It's the best I've ever had and it works well with Imitation crab too!
Top Review by Julie B's Hive
Any chances of you running into that mountain man again? Sure would like to see what's in his cookbook! This is a very, very good dip. I made it yesterday and sent my SIL half of it; she called this morning for the recipe. Yeah, it's that good.
- 2 red salmon fillets (or 2 packages imitation crabmeat)
- 3 -4 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 (8 ounce) boxes cream cheese
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
- Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) jar sweet relish
- 1 (8 ounce) jar dill relish
- garlic salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Wrap Salmon in tin foil with Butter and Onions, bake in oven on 350 for about 15 to 20 or until done (cooking times my very, he never was exact on cooking time so just be sure to watch it).
- Then debone the Salmon and flake it using a fork.
- In a large bowl add salmon, cream cheese, stir, add sour cream, Worcestershire, relishes, and garlic salt, stir again.
- Makes sure to add Worcestershire and garlic salt to taste.
- Can be served hot or cold.
- Goes well with crackers, bread or even sandwiches.