1/1 Photo of Alaskan Salmon Chowder
Found in the Taste of Home. Times are estimated as I have not tried to make this yet. Posted in response to request
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- 1/4 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth, divided
- 2 cups peeled potatoes, diced
- 1 cup carrot, sliced
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 small zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 (14 3/4 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can evaporated milk
- 2 cups cooked salmon or 2 (7 1/2 ounce) cans salmon, drained and bones removed
- 1In a saucepan, cook onion, celery, green pepper and garlic in 1/4 cup broth until tender.
- 2Add potatoes, carrots, seasoned salt if desired, dill and remaining broth.
- 3Cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- 4Add zucchini; simmer for 5 minutes.
- 5Add corn, milk and salmon; heat through.
Browse Our Top Chowders Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Alaskan Salmon Chowder
Serving Size: 1 (325 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 205.6
- Calories from Fat 51
- Total Fat 5.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 18.2 mg
- Sodium 517.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 8.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: