Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Found in the Taste of Home. Times are estimated as I have not tried to make this yet. Posted in response to request
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth, divided
- 2 cups peeled potatoes, diced
- 1 cup carrot, sliced
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 small zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 (14 3/4 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can evaporated milk
- 2 cups cooked salmon or 2 (7 1/2 ounce) cans salmon, drained and bones removed
- In a saucepan, cook onion, celery, green pepper and garlic in 1/4 cup broth until tender.
- Add potatoes, carrots, seasoned salt if desired, dill and remaining broth.
- Cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Add zucchini; simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add corn, milk and salmon; heat through.
Quite good and very worthwhile. I added a good bit of pepper to down play the taste of the cream style corn. The chowder went over well at our Superbowl party.
Very tasty soup. My family liked this a lot, I used 2 cans of salmon and chicken stock as opposed to the broth. Will definitely make this again.
Delicious. I made the recipe as directed substituting clam broth for the chicken broth. I needed to add more liquid than speciified in the recipe. Next time I would add more dill.