Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 1 lb southeast alaska prawns (small is better)
- 1 medium chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk, mixed with the water
- cayenne pepper
- Boil and shuck the prawns.
- When they float, they're done!
- Saute the onion in the butter.
- Over medium heat, add the flour, curry powder, and salt, stirring frequently.
- Add a dash of pepper for flavor.
- When it makes a pasty product, remove to a double boiler and add the milk/water mixture slowly, stirring frequently to thicken up your creation.
- When it reaches a nice warm temperature, add shrimp.
- Remove from heat and let stand a few minutes.
- Add cayenne pepper to taste (I recommend about 1 teaspoon).