Recipe by franrobson
Very easy dish that works well with many types of fish or seafood. I sometimes substitute shrimp and scallops for the fish and use crab instead of clams
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 sliced green pepper
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- 28 ounces whole tomatoes, undrained
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 cup clam juice
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 lb diced cod
- 24 whole clams
- 1⁄8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 cup crouton
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large kettle heat olive oil over medium hat and saute the onion, celery and garlic until tender.
- Add undrained tomatoes, tomato sauce. clam juice, white wine, basil, thyme and bay leaf.
- Simmer covered for 30 minutes.
- Add diced cod, clams and hot pepper sauce.
- Continue cooking an additional 5 minutes or until clam shells open.
- Garnish with parsley and croutons.