Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Fancy name for sourdough pancakes! I made these for family who were visiting and they could not stop raving about how good these were. The batter is made up the night before, so there is minimal fuss in the morning.
- 1 cup sourdough starter
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 4 tablespoons shortening or 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup fresh blueberries
- Night before: Combine sourdough starter, flour, milk and salt in a non-reactive bowl with a whisk. Cover with kitchen towel or cheesecloth and let stand overnight on the counter.
- Next morning: Stir down the batter and whisk in the baking soda, eggs, melted butter and sugar. Fold in fresh blueberries; making sure that they are incorporated into the batter.
- Spray griddle with Pam and pour large silver dollar size batter onto hot griddle. Cook until golden brown. Serve with butter and heated maple syrup or pancake syrup.
- Note: The blueberries need to be folded into the batter, rather than placed on top of the pancake. The blueberry will burn and make the griddle hard to work with for the next batch of pancakes. Spray Pam in between each batch so that they do not stick.