Abby Girl's Note:
Fancy name for sourdough pancakes! I made these for family who were visiting and they could not stop raving about how good these were. The batter is made up the night before, so there is minimal fuss in the morning.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Night before: Combine sourdough starter, flour, milk and salt in a non-reactive bowl with a whisk. Cover with kitchen towel or cheesecloth and let stand overnight on the counter.
- 2Next morning: Stir down the batter and whisk in the baking soda, eggs, melted butter and sugar. Fold in fresh blueberries; making sure that they are incorporated into the batter.
- 3Spray griddle with Pam and pour large silver dollar size batter onto hot griddle. Cook until golden brown. Serve with butter and heated maple syrup or pancake syrup.
- 4Note: The blueberries need to be folded into the batter, rather than placed on top of the pancake. The blueberry will burn and make the griddle hard to work with for the next batch of pancakes. Spray Pam in between each batch so that they do not stick.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Alaskan Blueberry Silver Dollars (Sourdough Blueberry Pancakes)
Serving Size: 1 (1052 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 126.9
- Calories from Fat 49
- Total Fat 5.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 32.7 mg
- Sodium 348.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 3.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: