Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
originally from Barbara
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2⁄3 cup water, cold
- 1⁄2 cup blueberries
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon, rind of (optional)
- 2 cups blueberries
- 1 pie shell, baked
- Cook the first seven ingredients until very thick.
- Fold in the 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries and pour into a baked pie shell.
- Let pie cool and top with whipped cream.
This is an excellant dessert and quite a change from traditional blueberry pie. If you like cold desserts, you'll love this. I added a little more corn starch to thicken it up. Otherwise, its a little liquidy.
So delicious! My first time making pie and this was so good!
This is an awesome recipe. I doubled it and made 2 pies because one is just not enough for my family. Thank-you so much for sharing!