Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This sounds yummy and so simple. From cooksrecipes.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar (firmly packed)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease a 9-inch square pan; set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, blend together 1 1/2 cups flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, oil, milk, egg and 1 cup blueberries.
- Beat thoroughly for 30 seconds and spread into prepared pan.
- Combine 1/3 cup flour, brown sugar, cinnamon and butter until crumbly.
- Sprinkle mixture evenly over batter and top with the remaining berries.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until tested done when wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Do not overbake.
- Cool slightly.
- Serve warm.
This is the second time I have made this to my DH's delight. The first time I messed it up by using the electric mixer. The batter was a stunning purple color but I had a heavy, dense and kind of gummy layer on the bottom. This time I just mixed and added all of the wet ingredients into the dry and gently mixed them by hand just until there was no dry left. I don't have a 9x9 pan so it was scraped into an 8x8 and it was just perfect at 30 mins. I should mention that I used Splenda for the sugar. We just love this cake, it's not overly sweet (which is good), moist, light and simply delicious!