Recipe by Toby Jermain
I copied this recipe off the wall of Sourdough Sal's restaurant in Soldotna, Alaska in 1980 when I lived nearby. I have not fixed this yet. I don't know enough people to eat it
Top Review by AuntWoofieWoof
*lol* This recipe deserves 4 stars just for the laugh it gave me. I would give it 5 stars but since whale is nearly impossible to get, I can't make it so I cannot fairly give it five stars. Thanks for the laugh Toby.
- 1 (242000 lb) blue whale meat, boned and skinned
- 512 cups unbleached flour
- olive oil, for sauteing
- 2092 medium onions, quartered
- 8242 lbs potatoes, peeled and cut in 1 inch cubes
- 1365 lbs matanuska cabbage, coarsely chopped
- 2147 lbs carrots, sliced diagonally
- 862 lbs celery, sliced diagonally
- 540 lbs turnips, washed,drained and halved
- 5742 cloves garlic, minced
- 25 lbs msg
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- water, as needed
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut whale in bite size pieces (including blubber).
- Dust with flour.
- Brown in hot olive oil in very large skillet.
- Add vegetables, and saute until translucent.
- Add water to cover.
- Add MSG and salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook over moderate heat until thickened.
- Reduce heat and simmer until meat is tender, about 6 days.
- Serve with hot French bread and a green salad.
- Serves 401,851.