Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
This recipe, adapted from the Kasilo Seafoods website, is a nice change of pace from your regular baked halibut! Also good with salmon.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a small saucepan, heat the apple jelly until liquid. Add the lemon juice and allspice, then stir well.
- Place the halibut fillets in a lightly-buttered baking dish, then brush the glaze over them.
- Add the melted butter to the baking dish and pour the remaining glaze over the fillets, Sprinkle with shallot and almonds.
- Cover pan and bake at 325 degrees F for 10 minutes for every 1 inch of fillet thickness (probably between 35-45 minutes), spooning the glaze periodically over the fillets as they bake.
- Serve with a nice pilaf and vegetable (buttered French cut green beans are good).