Recipe by Karina A
dairy-free courtesy of Whole Foods
Top Review by IngridH
We really liked this. The flavors of the corn and chilies really complemented the fish, without overpowering it. I made it as written, with the following exceptions- I couldn't find serrano chilies, so I got extra poblano, and added it to the green sauce (after grilling and peeling); the amount of corn called for was way too much, so I cut it in half; I left out the zucchini, as we had enough food without it. My only real complaint was that the green sauce turned out a little too liquidy, next time I would use half the lime juice, or strain some out of the sauce before serving it. The flavor was great, it was easy to make, and I will definately make again. I would even serve this to non fish lovers, as the assertive flavors of the sauces cover any "fishiness" that might be present in the flavor. Thanks for posting a great recipe! Made for PAC fall 08.
- 6 (1020.58 g) alaskan salmon fillets
- 226.79 g tomatillo, husked, rinsed
- 2 serrano chilies, rough chopped
- 1 bunch cilantro, washed
- 118.29 ml lime juice
- 12 ear corn
- 473.18 ml heavy cream
- 6 poblano peppers
- 3 zucchini
Directions See How It's Made
- For the Sauce:.
- Combine the tomatillos, serrano chilies, cilantro, and lime juice in the blender and puree until very smooth. Season with salt and pepper and keep chilled until ready to serve. (Do not hold longer than two hours).
- For the Corn:.
- Husk the corn and shave the kernels off the cob. Place the cream in a pot, cooking down to reduce by 1/2. Roast the poblanos under a broiler and place in a bowl to steam, covered, ten minutes. When the chilies are cool to handle, peel, seed, and roughly chop. Combine the corn, poblanos, and cream and set aside. Keep warm until ready to serve.
- When Ready to Serve:.
- Saute Alaska salmon until desired doneness, about four minutes on each side. Place about two ounces of the tomatillo sauce in the center of a serving plate. Ladle some of the warm corn mixture in the center and place the salmon fillets on top. Serve with slices of grilled zucchini.