Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
The following makes a very pretty appetizer. It is based on Epicurious's Alaska King Crab "Nachos".
- 1 avocado, shelled & crushed
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons green onions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice, divided
- 3⁄4 teaspoon wasabi paste (or to taste)
- 3⁄4 lb crab, cooked & diced
- 5 green bell peppers, tops cut off and seeds removed
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper (or to taste)
- Scoop flesh from avocado and mash coarsely with a fork.
- Stir in shallot, 1 tablespoon lime juice, and wasabi to taste.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Remove crab meat from shell and cut into 1/2-inch cubes.
- Toss crab with remaining tablespoon lime juice and salt to taste.
- Add the avocado to the mix.
- Clean and dry five green bell peppers. Slice off their tops and carefully remove any white membrane and seeds.
- Divide the peppers into at least 4 parts.
- Fill the pepper slices with the king crab stuffing.
- Store in an air-tight container and refrigerate until ready to serve.