Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
From the Alaska Seafood Marketing Institute, this soup sounds easy and delicious.
- 1 tablespoon onion, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1 lb dungeness crabmeat, thawed if necessary
- salt, to taste
- fresh parsley, chopped
- Saute onion in butter.
- Add flour; cook and stir 1 minute.
- Gradually stir in chicken broth and half-and-half; cook and stir 5 minutes.
- Break crab into chunks; add to broth.
- Salt to taste.
- Heat thoroughly.
- Garnish with parsley.