Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Another recipe from Rachael Ray. These are really good! Be sure to chop the onion really small or pieces will fall out of your burgers. Add slices of bacon and a drizzle of barbeque sauce if you want. Serve with a cold summer veggie salad.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 medium onion, finely diced
- 4 dashes Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- cracked black pepper
- smoked cheddar cheese, in slices
- Mix beef, onion, Worcestershire, cumin and pepper in a bowl.
- Divide into 4 portions.
- Place a slice of cheese in the middle of each portion and form into patties.
- Heat a frying pan to medium.
- Cook the burgers 5-6 minutes on each side.
- Served topped with tomato slices and lettuce.
I grilled these too and they were quite tasty! I added a little less cumin, thinking that it might be overpowering, but the amount indicated would not have been a bad thing.
I made these as instucted with the exception of using a BBQ instead of a frying pan. They were very good but I may season them more next time. I served them with a spinach salad and oven fries.