Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
Mild, One Alarm, Two Alarm, and Three Alarm
- 12 chicken wings
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green onion
- 1 medium garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 cup red French dressing
- 1 teaspoon thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- First Alarm Chicken Wings: Add 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce.
- Second Alarm Chicken Wings: Add 1-1/2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce.
- Third Alarm Chicken Wings: Add 2 teaspoons of Hot pepper sauce.
- In deep-fat fryer or large heavy skillet, heat oil to 375 degrees.
- Cut tips off chicken wings (save tips for soup.) Halve chicken wings at joint. Lightly coat chicken with flour, then carefully.
- drop chicken, a few at a time into hot oil.
- Fry, turning occasionally, 15 minutes or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
- Meanwhile, in large skillet, melt butter and cook green onions with garlic over medium heat, stirring occasionally, 3 minutes or until onions are tender.
- Remove from heat and stir in sweet n' spicy French dressing, thyme, oregano, cumin, and hot pepper sauce. Add chicken and toss to coat. Serve with chunky blue cheese dressing and celery sticks.