Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Fantastic chocolate cake recipe! I found this advertised on a Parkay box, bought the box of margarine and tried the recipe. Everyone who tasted it has asked for the recipe! It's easy and not too sweet. I use real butter for the margarine, but you can use either. Enjoy!
- 2 cups flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup margarine (divided)
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil (Criso, divided)
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa (divided)
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons vanilla (divided)
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 6 tablespoons milk
- 1 (16 ounce) box powdered sugar
- Sift flour, sugar and salt together in mixing bowl. Heat water, 1 stick Parkay, oil, 1/4 cup of the cocoa. Boil, stirring constantly. Pour into flour mixture and stir until smooth.
- Blend in buttermilk, eggs, baking soda, 1 teaspoon of the vanilla and vinegar until smooth.
- Pour into a greased and floured 13x2 inch baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool completely.
- In a sauce pan, over medium-high heat, melt remaining 1 stick of Parkay, add the milk and the remaining 1/4 cup cocoa and bring to a boil. Remove from heat. Stir in powdered sugar and the remaining 1 teaspoon vanilla. Stir until smooth. Pour over the cake. Enjoy!
This cake is outstanding !!!! Easy and delicious.......
I am a diabetic..... so I substitute splenda/sugar for the sugar in the recipe...... works Great !!! I also only use 1/2 of the powerdered sugar and add a little of the Splenda and it still tastes Great !!!
This is one of the best cakes I've ever made. It is a hit where ever and whenever I serve it. The first time I made it, it was so good it was goggled up in one setting by seven of us. I had to make another cake the next day and that only lasted for two days.
It's now a must for me to bring to any family gathering. I do use butter instead of the margarine. Found the reciepe in the Paula Deen Cooking magazine.
This is a good one...enjoy!!
Excellant cake. So flavorful and moist. This has become my favorite chocolate cake