I saw this recipe on the Self magazine website. Looks fabulous - would make such a nice pool side treat this summer! I thought I would store it here for safe keeping. If you try it, please let me know what you think! I'll keep you posted, if I get a chance to make these anytime soon!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 8 bamboo skewers, soak in water for about 30 minutes
- 24 large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 small red onion
- 16 serrano chilies
- 24 cherry tomatoes
- 1Marinade: Add first 7 ingredients into a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- 2Marinade shrimp for 10 minutes or up to 2 hours.
- 3Skewers: Cut onion into bite-sized chunks. Add 1 chili to skewer.
- 4Add 1 shrimp, a chunk of onion and a cherry tomato on to each skewer; repeat two times.
- 5Add second chili to end of skewer.
- 6Season with salt.
- 7Heat the electric or gas grill over high heat.
- 8Place skewers on grill and close grill cover.
- 9Cook skewers for about 5 minutes on each side until the onions are tender and the shrimp is cooked through.
Browse Our Top Low Sat. Fat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low Sat. Fat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Alambre De Camarones (Grilled Shrimp Skewers)
Serving Size: 1 (192 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 93.5
- Calories from Fat 36
- Total Fat 4.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 45.3 mg
- Sodium 517.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 6.5 g