Recipe by anichka20
This recipe originally came from russia but this is my grandma's version. A tip is that it depends on how you grate the zucchini, If you like more of a richer taste grate the zucchini into larger pieces if you like more of a plain pancake taste make smaller pieces. For extra flavor add sour cream.
- 5 -6 small zucchini
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 pinch salt or 1 pinch pepper
- 1 pinch baking soda
- sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Take all of the zucchini and peel it with a potato peeler, etc.
- Then grate them into little or big pieces your choice.
- Next you have to squeeze all the juice from them using a drainer, a bowl, and your hands.
- How you do it: first put all the grated zucchini in the drainer, then put it on top of your bowl, then the fun part you have to press down the zucchini with a plate, your hands, whatever is comfortable. Let the zucchini sit there for about 15 min it will release even more juice.
- Once your done with that mix the flour, baking soda, salt/pepper, zucchini, and egg together.
- You should get sort of a liquid paste.
- Great! Now all you have to do is fry them on a pan. Take a pan and put in veggie oil not to much though.
- Pour in every pancake with a table spoon flip each side 1-2 minute.
- They are done when golden brown.
- Now all you have to do is top it off with some yummy sour cream!