Recipe by Jockey
Change it up at your next BBQ! Sauce with a clean fresh zing! Saw this on food network and found the recipe on about.com There are two others on zaar but this one is just a little different. The longer you can wait to use it the better but can be used right away.
Top Review by ninja
This is excellent and the same recipe I've always used except that we increased the amt. of pepper slightly, and added a little sugar and salt to boot. Never tried the red pepper but will. I lived for 34 years in Huntsville, AL before moving to St. Louis, and our favorite place to have white BBQ sauce was the old Greenbrier restaurant on Hwy 20. There we douse grilled chicken with the sauce, but a major treat is their heavenly hushpuppies, to which we also add the white sauce. I grill skin-on, bone-in chicken breasts pre-seasoned only with seasoned salt and serve the white sauce on the side when serving. And Sally's right: the sauce tastes a whole lot better after chilling for a few days. Finally, don't buy commercially bottled white BBQ sauce; it's usually awful. Thanks, Sally!
- 1 cup mayonnaise, i use hellmans but try your favorite
- 1 cup cider vinegar, I use Heinz
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice, can use bottled but fresh is the bomb
- 1 -1 1⁄2 tablespoon black pepper, depends on you
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, here's the zing but not too much really
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients together and refrigerate for 8 hours for best result (you can use it pretty quickly however in a pinch). Brush lightly or marinate over chicken, turkey or pork. If brushing lightly do last few minutes of grilling. Can be used as a dipping sauce as well.
- This amount easily covers 6 pieces of chicken so you can adjust accordingly if you are marinating or just brushing it on.