Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
I found this in a book that was lying around my buddy's house. I modified it a little and came up with this.
- 1 cup butter (melted)
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 4 crushed garlic cloves
- 2 1⁄2 lbs unpeeled jumbo shrimp
- 2 lemons, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 (355 ml) can amber beer (lager)
- Experiment--my favourite word in cooking.
- Below are a couple of options for this recipe.
- Onion-green onion or shallots.
- Beer-Chardonnay, big taste difference, but both are great.
- Combine first 9 ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- Rinse and prepare shrimp.
- Layer a large baking dish with shrimp, then lemon slices, and then onion slices.
- Pour butter mixture over shrimp.
- Bake uncovered for 25 minutes at 400°F.
- Serve on a bed of rice.
- Garnish with parsley.
- Fine chopped green pepper can also be sprinkled around edge of rice bed.
This was an interesting mix of flavors and although not exactly to my taste, it could be with a few revisions. Next time, I will leave off the sliced lemon and change the pepper to paprika and not as much hot pepper sauce. It was just a little tooooo spicy for my taste. For those of you who love spicy, go for it.