Recipe by Dai
I found this in a book that was lying around my buddy's house. I modified it a little and came up with this.
Top Review by Jellyqueen
This was an interesting mix of flavors and although not exactly to my taste, it could be with a few revisions. Next time, I will leave off the sliced lemon and change the pepper to paprika and not as much hot pepper sauce. It was just a little tooooo spicy for my taste. For those of you who love spicy, go for it.
- 1 cup butter (melted)
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 4 crushed garlic cloves
- 2 1⁄2 lbs unpeeled jumbo shrimp
- 2 lemons, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 (355 ml) can amber beer (lager)
Directions See How It's Made
- Experiment--my favourite word in cooking.
- Below are a couple of options for this recipe.
- Onion-green onion or shallots.
- Beer-Chardonnay, big taste difference, but both are great.
- Combine first 9 ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- Rinse and prepare shrimp.
- Layer a large baking dish with shrimp, then lemon slices, and then onion slices.
- Pour butter mixture over shrimp.
- Bake uncovered for 25 minutes at 400°F.
- Serve on a bed of rice.
- Garnish with parsley.
- Fine chopped green pepper can also be sprinkled around edge of rice bed.