Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This is an easy and tasty roast. It turns out very tender. You can adjust all seasoning to your taste--the amounts listed give a very mild flavor, so if you like lots of flavor, you will want to tweak the amounts!
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 (3 -4 lb) beef roast
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt (to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon wine vinegar
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Heat oil in Dutch oven over medium heat.
- Add roast and brown on all sides to seal in juices.
- Combine remaining ingredients and pour over browned roast.
- Cover and bake at 350 for 1 1/2 hours.
This was very nice and moist. The flavors were great and infused the meat. Definitely a keeper. Thanks!
This was a huge hit at dinner tonight. I don't often make meals that feature big hunks of meat, but this one turned out great. I knew it was done when I was able to slice off a piece using a plastic spatula. I had to add a bit of beef stock for the last 20 minutes or so. It was done after an hour and a half, but the liquid had dried up and I wanted to leave it in for just a bit longer. Nice tanginess to the flavor. Thanks for posting!